Sunday 15 December 2013

Hug your loved ones today

Two songs are going round my head today. One is James Taylor's "Shower the people you love with love. Show them the way that you feel". We went to see his concert last year and he seemed so happy to be playing his songs to an enthusiastic audience. All his songs made the people there, happy, and we all went home feeling sort of warm inside. "Shower the people " always makes me want to hug all the people I love, ring them up or text them and let them know how much they mean  to me.

The other song is more emotional and about loss. It's a song by Bread from the 70's. "I would give everything I own". I' d always liked their songs in a sort of sing-a long way just humming along to them. Then , one day on the Radio someone dedicated this song to their Dad who had passed on. I was driving along a country road. I just had to pull over in a layby, the tears streaming down my cheeks, reduced to a sodden mess. I can't listen to it any more without my heart aching.


,

No comments:

Post a Comment