Friday 4 April 2014

Wedding anniversary a chance to celebrate



We received lots of nice cards from Britain for our wedding anniversary. One of them, at first glance looked more like a left-over Christmas card. On closer reflection however I thought there was a great meaning there for my husband and me. He can ski, I can't.
In marriage or a partnership, each one has to help the other by doing what they can do best. At the beginning roles are chosen quite unconsciously. Who is going to be the one who calms down situations, who is going to make the tea in the morning. Just be careful that you only take on roles that you can sustain. If you want to be the strong one, the one that's always right, then you have to keep it up. All this being said, taking it for granted that you have already decided that you are deeply in love and want to wake up next to each other for the rest of your lives.

Lots of wedding anniversaries have a meaning



A pack of cards with a difference 


Here are 52 ways to say I love you. Some of them might get you more attention than you bargained for..
Walk up and down outside their office with an ^I love you sign^. be spontaneous, shout out ^I love you^ in the supermarket, Cut out the letters ^I love you^ and post them every day for eight days.

And finally, a poem:

Percy Bysshe Shelley 1792-1822

Love's Philosophy

The fountains mingle with the river
And the rivers with the ocean,
The winds of heaven mix for ever
With a sweet emotion,
Nothing in the world is single,
All things by a law divine
In one another's mingle -
Why not I with thine?

See the mountain's kiss high heaven
And the waves clasp one another.
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdain'd its brother.

And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea-
What are all these kisses worth,
If thou kiss not me?

 Percy Bysshe Shelley's poem seems to be telling us that we belong in couples, that life is more harmonious in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment