Monday 14 April 2014

Spring in the city




Italian apple blossom

A  flower on a crannied wall
A shrub with white flowers
The sunlight shining through the fresh green of the new leaves
It is a wonderful feeling to be able to walk down a country lane that is few minutes walk from a busy city centre . Yesterday the cuckoo kept us company. Looking at all the fresh green, the shrubs and blossom, even poppies seems to bring out the best in everybody. It was probably on a day like this that Alfred Tennyson wrote this verse while walking along a country lane.

Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out of the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower-but if I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know hat God and man is.
More crannied flowers

An Italian lane in Springtime, just outside the busy city centre

No comments:

Post a Comment