Saturday 26 April 2014

Lemon and honey



Lemon trees grow happily next to kumquats

lemons on the tree

the lemon flower has a sweet perfume

Isn't it funny 
How a bear 
Likes honey
Buzz buzz buzz
I wonder why he does.

Winnie- the-Pooh

Today I was sitting next to a lemon tree and revelling in breathing in the sweet perfume of it's flowers. There was a Peter,Paul and Mary song called Lemon tree which warned of the dangers of love, likening it to the Lemon Tree.

It went like this:

When I was just a lad of ten
My father said to me
Come here and take a lesson
From the lovely lemon tree.
Don't put your faith in love my son
My father said to me
For love you'll find is often like
The lovely lemon tree.

Lemon tree very pretty
And the lemon flower is sweet
But the fruit of the poor lemon
Is impossible to eat

One day beneath the lemon tree
My love and I did lie
A girl so sweet that when she smiled
The stars rose in the sky
We passed the summer lost in love
Beneath the lemon tree
The music of her laughter
Hid my father's words from me

Chorus

She left me for another
It's a common tale but true
A sadder man but wiser now
I sing my song to you

Now my father would never have said that. If you put lots of honey in lemon juice it really does you good. You need them both. Honey and lemon juice together. Works wonders. Honey on its own, too sweet, lemon juice , too sharp, put them together - perfect ! Like men and women.
Different types of honey
Make Winnie- the- Pooh lemonade by dissolving honey in a small amount of hot water and then adding lemon juice , lots of cold water and ice for Summer, more hot  water for Winter.
Lemon and honey for love and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment