Saturday 7 June 2014

A quote from Elbert Hubbard

At Christmas a friend of mine gave  me a book to keep by my bedside and read from every day. I started off well, reading each day and reflecting on what wise words were said. By the end of January this had dwindled somewhat and become a weekly habit. Today there was a lovely quote by Elbert Hubbard, (1856 - 1915). an American writer and philosopher. I'm afraid to say that I had never heard of him so I looked him up on Wikipedia. It made me feel rather sad when I read about him because he and his wife were on a boat that was torpedoed. Reading this made me think about his quote in a different way. You might like to read about him on Wikipedia and see what you think. This is the quote from my book.

The love we give away is the only love we keep.

 








1 comment:

  1. I read 'don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.' Apparently he was part of the Truism movement.

    ReplyDelete