Friday 16 May 2014

Thought for the day

My husband hates all those one line philosopher things you see in shops, on coffee cups or fridge magnets, or in car windows saying things like Have you hugged your kid today or baby on board.. He just doesn't like them. It's probably a man thing, they don't like being told what to do. Actually neither do I really, and today I was talking to a friend who works freelance and we said what a lovely word freelance is. Free to do what you like, and lance...?! I'm not going to practise what I preach though today, I really like this quote from a Russian writer called Alexander Elchaninov, who wrote a lot about marriage and relationships. This is what he wrote and I think it's worth quoting.

Let us be more loving, more indulgent towards each other _ we are all so much in need of mutual love and help, and all our difficulties and sorrows are so insignificant in the face of eternity.

Now don't you feel that all those worries that you have are a little less of a bother now.

No comments:

Post a Comment