Friday 16 May 2014

Songs for lovers

When my daughter got married one of my friend's who was at the wedding wondered why sexual matters are not mentioned in the wedding vows when they are such an important part of a married person's relationship. Well I thought about it and said what about the "with my body I thee worship",
And what about the Song of  Solomon.

The song of songs which is Solomon?s
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth; for thy love is better than wine,

A bundle of myrrh is my wellbeloved unto me
he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts

He brought me  to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love

My beloved is like a roe or a young hart

My beloved spake and said unto me,rise up my love my fair one, rise up and come away

For, lo the winter is past, the rain is over and gone

Just to give the an idea of the passion and eloquence in the 8 chapters of the Song of Solomon, and a wish for a bride and groom to find an intimacy that binds them together in harmony
Songs for lovers, song of Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment