Sunday 11 May 2014

Enjoy, Love,Live

A few years ago when we were busy planning my daughter's wedding I asked a friend of mine, who had a lot of experience in such matters to give me some advice.With no hesitation she said "Enjoy it". No complicated details about how to arrange the flowers or the perfect readings and what to wear. It was like a weight off my shoulders.How wonderful I thought and how sensible. My mum would approve of that. Of course when you are organizing an event like a wedding you are doing all you can to make sure that all the guests enjoy it.  I thought of how often we say to each other "Enjoy yourself, have a great time". If someone is going on holiday or to a party or eating a meal, it's the first thing you wish them, simply "Enjoy". What is it that makes us enjoy what we do? We could all give lots of different answers. For me it's about being with the people I love and feeling that they also want to be with me. A wedding is a great time for everyone there to celebrate love. First of all the love between the bride and groom and to wish them every  happiness and  joy in their life together. It's a chance for all the friends and relations to show their support and how much they care.
I'm sorry to say that I was flapping around in a panic about what to wear but only because I like to forget about what I'm wearing and I can only do that if I feel at ease in whatever I've chosen. Then I picked up a book that I was reading and it fell open at a page where it said.

Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony

Colossians 3 14-17


That quote together with my friend's advice were all I needed. you could apply this advice to life too. Enjoy and clothe yourself with love. Life is so precious. Love is precious.



A delicate rose for a bride

A rose to enjoy

Red roses for love

I will, The Beatles

 
Who knows how long I've loved you
You know I love you still
Will I wait a lonely lifetime
If you want me to I will
 
For if I ever saw you
I didn't catch your name
But it never really mattered
I will always feel the same
 
Love you forever and forever
Love you with all my heart
Love you whenever we're together
Love you when we're apart
 
And when at last I find you
Your song will fill the air
Sing it loud so I can hear you
Make it easy to be near you
For the things you do endear you to me
Oh you know I will, I will
 
I think the words to this song say all you want to hear from the one you love

No comments:

Post a Comment