Saturday 22 February 2014

How to get a husband for your daughter

Coffee and walnut sponge sandwich with a bunch of Pussy willow
The moment I saw my  son- in - law with my daughter I felt they were just made for each other. I know you 're not meant to poke your nose in such matters.  So I just gently sort of nudged them together every so often .. I like to think I worked a bit of magic with this walnut and coffee cake . He really likes it and so as he is coming for lunch tomorrow  I have made it for him. It is the Torta Paradiso recipe with the addition of a couple of tablespoons of instant coffee dissolved  in a small amount of water and some broken up walnuts. It is sandwiched together and iced with coffee butter icing.I make this by beating together250g icing sugar,75 g softened butter and some more instant coffee dissolved in a small amount of hot water. My dad often used to talk about the icing on the cake. He was referring to the light- hearted , happy moments, the treats in life,not the basics and essentials, the little extras that give a lift to the heart and the spirit. He said it is what helps to keep couples together.

No comments:

Post a Comment