Monday 24 February 2014

Dressed in pink to make the boys wink

,Pasta with smoked salmon tomatoes and cream.

This morning at the greengrocers I met a woman I often see in her wheelchair with her carer. She looked beautifully turned out and I thought of how much it meant to me to see my mum well groomed in her wheelchair. I complimented the carer on how lovely it was to see them together. She carefully unbuttoned the elderly lady's jacket and proudly showed me the pretty pink jumper underneath."Look how well the pink jumper goes with the pink scarf" she said. I held her hand and told her she looked lovely.
When I got home I decide to make something pink for lunch.


Pink is the colour of this window display, showing dress material for a special dress.

Pasta with smoked salmon

Serves 4
320g pasta, penne or pipe
200 g smoked salmon chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
200g passata
3 tbsp. fresh cream
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
dill
salt and pepper to taste

Put the prepared tomatoes and the Passat in a non stick pan with the olive oil and cook gently foe about 15 minutes. Put aside. Melt the butter in the same pan and gently fry the smoked salmon for a couple of minutes. Add the cream and return the tomatoes to the pan and mix together.
Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the packet , then drain and return to the saucepan adding the tomato and salmon sauce, mix gently and sprinkle with dill.


No comments:

Post a Comment