Friday 24 October 2014

Hey it's Friday


The weekend starts here. Friday is my yellow day, with bubbles. You remember that I have synthesisia (whoops, can't remember how to spell it), Synesthesia.

It's the best day to make Chocolate Brownies. I know they are American but I've got a recipe that a friend gave me and I'm not sure how authentic they are, but they are delicious, very easy and quick. You make them on Friday afternoon and then leave them in the tin over night and so on Saturday and Sunday you have a real treat to offer your friends or take to a party. I don't recommend eating them all yourself, even though it would be understandable.

Chocolate Brownies


150 g butter
200 g chocolate
3 large eggs, beaten
250 g sugar
100 g plain flour.

Line a square or rectangular baking tin with grease proof paper
Heat the oven to 180

Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan, over low heat.
Add the beaten eggs and stir briskly
Add the sugar and flour and beat well.

Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until a smooth shiny crust forms.
Allow to cool completely in the tin.
Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar
The Brownies are better if left to cool overnight
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, so perfect for the weekend aren't they?




No comments:

Post a Comment