Tuesday 30 December 2014

Nice things to write

Now it's the end of the year and it's time to make resolutions, but before I do that I'm going to rejoice about all the wonderful moments from this year and think about the lessons I've learned from the things that went wrong. I'm very good at worrying, it's one of the things I do best. I got it from my dad. I had frown lines before I was out of my teens.


Here is a short poem from my series poems I could have written when I was ten.


I love the feel of a pen in my hand
Touching the paper and looping around,
a nice round O and then crossing a T
A dot on an I and a bump on a b.
From the first day of school at the age of five
Being able to write made me feel so alive.
Just a pencil or pen there's so much to create
It's a wonderful way to communicate.
There are so many words it's a pleasure to write:-
SUNSHINE, KINDNESS, JOY and DELIGHT
HOPE and FAITH, HONEST and TRUE,
But my favourite of all is I LOVE YOU.




No comments:

Post a Comment