Wednesday 11 February 2015

Writer's block, not a shock

A poem, a sunset and something funny.


Yesterday it happened
I was expecting this
It's cos of often hearing
'Who does she think she is?'
It's always been there lurking
In the fathoms of my mind
A feeling of being useless
That's never far behind
I knew that it could happen
It wasn't such a shock
It seems it's not uncommon
The dreaded writer's block
I've often wondered why
I feel this urge to write
It's usually in the morning
But sometimes late at night
My cousin once did ask me
'Why lay yourself so bare?'
So when I thought about it
It's 'cause I like to share
A really lovely sunset
Or flowers 'long the way
A funny thing that happened
That brightened up my day
So what we can do, you see
Whether to knit or sew
I sure can share with you 
And you share with me





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this poem angie! I often get drawing block! big hug

    ReplyDelete