Sunday 5 April 2015

In Your Easter Bonnet - Judy Garland (Easter Parade)






Dear readers of my blog, I do appreciate you keeping me company and I love to see that I have readers from all over the world. For me this is the spirit of the World Wide web as its founder Tim Bernard Lee intended it to be.
Many of you might not celebrate Easter for whatever reason but its origin was a festival to herald the Spring so this is a wish for all of you wherever you are.

For readers in the Northern hemisphere may you enjoy the blossom and the Spring flowers, sunshine and showers and meet kindness on your way.
For those of you in the southern hemisphere may you enjoy the Autumn colours, get pleasure from the cooler days and prepare for a safe Winter, may you also meet with kindness and may you all enjoy my blog!


happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Autumn and best wishes to you all.

I hope you like the song I've chosen for today.

Here are the first two verses from a poem by John Keats

The Human Seasons


Four seasons fill the measure of the year
There are four seasons in the mind of man
He has his lusty Spring when fancy clear
Takes in all beauty with an easy span.

He has his Summer, when luxuriously
Spring's honey'd cud of youthful thought he loves
To ruminate, and by such dreaming nigh
His nearest unto heaven: quiet coves.



No comments:

Post a Comment