Thursday 2 April 2015

A poem for the day, Spring



It's a beautiful sunny day today. It's the sort of day that my dad would tell everybody was a sign that the Archangel Gabriel, AA for short was looking after him.

My poem for the day is by William Blake (1757 - 1827) It's a suitably silly poem for Spring, light hearted and bouncy like the little lambs bounding round the fields.


Spring


Sound the flute!
Now it's mute.
Birds delight
Day and Night,
Nightingale
In the dale,
Lark in Sky,
Merrily,
Merrily, Merrily, to welcome in the Year.

Little Boy,
Full of joy,
Little Girl,
Sweet and small;
Cock does crow,
So do you;
Merry voice,
Infant noise,
Merrily, Merrily, to welcome in the Year.

Little Lamb,
Here I am;
Come and lick
My white neck;
Let me pull
Your soft Wool;
Let me kiss
Your soft face:
Merrily, Merrily, we welcome in the Year.

There hasn't that made you want to frolic and frisk and gambol and all the other things lambs do?



Lavender fields


Bees looking for pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment