Monday 24 March 2014

Welcome surprises




Camelia

Camelia
Camelia
camelia
The most wonderful thing about going away, is coming back and the way your loved ones' faces light up when they see you again. Even the baby stretched out her arms for a welcoming embrace. The cat was so overwhelmed she hid under a cushion to hide her emotion.
This morning on the balcony there was a lovely surprise , four beautiful camelias. My gardening skills are not exactly honed to perfection and what blooms on the balcony from year to year is rather haphazard, so it was a great delight to see them there on my return. While I sipped my coffee and admired them I thought of Alexandre Dumas and his La dama delle camelie, how much I enjoyed Moulin Rouge with Ewan Mc Gregor and Nicole Kidman, how wonderful it was to see La Traviata in Verona and the beautiful sunset on the way there,and that there is an island on Lake Maggiore that is famous for its splendid display of camelias.
always nice to see on the door

No comments:

Post a Comment