Sunday 26 January 2020

If LIfe is a song, Love is the music



If music be the food of love,
play on,
Give me excess of it that
surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken,
and so die

So opens Twelfth Night by Shakespeare, it's rather self-indulgent but we all know what he means, in love as in other matters of the hear it helps if we can lighten up
If music be the food of love… then I'll have a Mozart sandwich,' Rowan and Martins Laugh in, and we laughed along glad we had paid enough attention a school to enjoy the joke.

Really though what I wanted to talk about today was how music can catch you unawares, music can make emotions erupt deep within you like a volcano spilling over from your heart and soul and make you happy or sad or sometimes just remind you of who you really are and the essence of what you wanted to be.
Some music can make you feel so melancholic bring tears to your eyes, bring back memories that had been hiding and you were totally unaware that they were even there.

We've all got a soundtrack to out life, we've all got songs from out favourite eras that never fail to make us feel all the passions and hopes flourish again in our spirits.

Here's mine for today, ' Do you love me?' Brian Poole and The Tremeloes,
I'm ten years old again, flinging myself around in a frenzy and feeling happy and full of love.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely to think of you 'flinging myself around', Angela. I remember loving the Monkees and being very inspired 'A Little Bit me, A Little Bit You'. It still has me singing loudly and it always makes me happy! I'm guessing we must be about the same age!

    ReplyDelete