Monday 11 January 2016

Romance in the ordinary



You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush, romance in the ordinary.



I've got a friend who likes to do things properly. The napkin on the left side of your plate, that sort of thing. In Italian it's called Galateo, in English etiquette.
She tells me that there are even rules as to how you put in toilet paper, and this made me remember how it felt to be six again. For then I would look at toilet paper and try and decide if I preferred it to look like a princess or a bride, I'm not joking, I gave it a lot of thought, not because of what should be proper but because of what looked nicer. In Britain the princess is the official correct way to hang toilet paper if you're interested.

Seeing romance in ordinary objects must be quite common though because there was a song about two toothbrushes falling in love when I was a little girl and so I wasn't alone with my princess toilet roll.


My toothbrush fancies your toothbrush

Princess or Bride?

No comments:

Post a Comment