Friday 2 January 2015

Thinking about Inspirational thoughts



Lots of people like to share inspirational thoughts, to pass on expressions, sayings and proverbs that might have helped them. I have received loads over the last few days, all laced with good will and wisdom.

 One of my favourites was Winnie-the -Pooh asking Piglet what day it is.
'It's today.' Is the answer.
'Oh my favourite kind of day.'

There are lots of things written about living in the present, learning from the past and planning for the future. Life is a gift, that's why they call it the present. (Groan). One thing's sure there isn't a moment to waste, build happy memories now. If you can't see the people you care about then give them a ring or drop them a line.
Here is one of the inspirational quotes that a friend sent me today.

Family isn't always blood.
It's the people in your life who want you in theirs, the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.

At first glance this looks like wonderful heart-warming advice. I started off thinking about all the people that love me and make me feel happy. I often do that actually, I don't need to read inspirational quotes. Sometimes I'll sit down with a cup of tea and just think about all the people who I know and have known that have warmed my heart and life. This will sometimes lead to me picking up the phone to speak to an elderly relative or write an email to a friend that I've lost touch with.

Anyway while re-reading this quote I thought about the people that don't seem to like me very much, that really make me feel quite unhappy with their  often unkind remarks and seemingly uncaring and insensitive ways. I felt sad.  Now the question is should you let the ones that seem disinterested go or try again ? You can't win them all. It's unfortunate if those people that make you unhappy are your brother's wife or best friend's new boyfriend, for example. When trying to win over the difficult ones beware of confusing affection with approval or you will likely get very hurt. Make sure you carry on caring for everyone, though. Often those that show less love need it more.


I'm going to re-write that quote :-

Family isn't always blood.
It's the people that you want to be in your life. The ones that you accept for who they are. The ones for who you would do anything to see smile and who you love no matter what.

Try and make everyone you care about to feel like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment