Tuesday 27 January 2015

January sales



Here is my poem about the January Sales

By Christmas my budget had all been spent
On presents and parties and  gifts
So when the Sales signs appeared
Shopping was not on my list

My wardrobe really is full enough
Of clothes that are hardly worn
Black jumpers and trousers all the same
Hanging there looking forlorn

So I walked past the shops with a very brief glance
At the signs saying fifty per cent
I have no need for anything more
My money has all been spent

But there in the corner of my favourite shop
Away from the browns, greys and blacks
'New Arrivals' it said with the promise of Spring
In the colours displayed on the racks.

Oh dear, oh dear, this is just what I need
To cheer up the cold Winters day
A pale blue dress and a pink cardigan
Now Spring is on the way.

Angie B








Just what I need, a pretty dress for Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment