Friday 8 August 2014

Don't worry be happy

Here is a Chinese proverb that I tell myself a lot.

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.

And here is a poem  that a friend of mine gave me. This friend seems to have it all and people often tell her she is lucky. She confided in me that she doesn't like being told she 's lucky. She said people rarely see the whole picture. Few people know the struggles and challenges she has had. This poem by Edward Young reflects her feelings and she passed it on to me. Somehow it shares a link with the Chinese proverb.

No man e'er found a happy life by chance,
Or yawned it into being with a wish,
An art it is, and must be learnt; and learnt
With unremitting effort, or be lost.



No comments:

Post a Comment