Wednesday 29 January 2014

Born with a smile

There used to be a song I liked that went like this ...

I born with a smile on my face ,
The whole of my life's been a pantomime.
Born with a need to embrace , tra la la la la la la la.

Whenever it was played on the radio , my Mum and Dad would say "That's you Angie, you were born with a smile on your face".
It was only as I got older, that I realised how precious these words would be. To know my Mum and Dad thought I could always cheer them up, bounce back smiling, has been my comfort and strength through my darkest times .

Anyone who has had anything to do with babies, can see right from the start that there are those who are more placid, more demanding, more smiley. A lot probably depends on their digestive system, in the early days. Character traits are there though, right from the start. Even hamsters have them, after all. We had two hamsters, one was sweet and gentle, he let us hug and stroke him. The other was vicious and snarly and we never took him out of his cage.

Now I know I've said a lot in my posts about the importance of looking into your own heart, only worrying about your own thoughts, being positive etc. 

But just for today , I'm going to say how wonderful it is when somebody else sees the good in you.


No comments:

Post a Comment