Wednesday 9 July 2014

Le mistral

Le mistral has been blowing for three days now. It is a wind that seems to caress the pine trees , play with the sand, sweep through the Mediterranean skies like a paintbrush highlighting the turquoise sky . The birda often sound alarmed as the Mistral carelessly rocks the branches they are sitting on. Parasols take flight causing panic on the beach.
When I was doing my teaching practise an teacher nearing retirement age told me to be on the alert on a windy day. The children will come into the classroom like wild horses after playing  outside on a windy day . It is essential to prepare a calming down activity. She told me how she calms the children down on a windy day. Speak to them softly and firmly and never raise your voice. It worked . I was very grateful to her.
My mum loved windy days . She told us it would blow all the cobwebs away and fill our lungs with fresh clean air.
One of my favourite songs about the wind is Neil Young's Four Strong Winds.

Four strong winds that blow lonely
Seven seas that run dry 

I' ll put the link in later. It's one of those songs that makes me re- live my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment